SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
acey_gw

Is it OK to let you all know about Mom's condo before we list it?

acey
16 years ago

I have been in charge of preparing my Mom's condo for sale, now that she is happily relocated into an Independent senior community.

I've painted, placed new wall to wall carpet and pad, new faucets, new appliances. Now I've been cleaning the windows, the fridge, and am just about to go tour some comps. I've interviewed 3 realtors and have a choice in mind.

Then I read these forums, stuff like to stage or not, and that some of you keep each others MLS on file, one asks for help finding a home to buy within a few certain zip codes, and it occurs to me, is it OK to run my Mom's condo stats past any interested persons here? Or is that a no-no on these forums? What about Craig's List?

I'd love to save the realtor commiss, and we could use Mom's attorney for the closing, since he recently helped her with the sale of it into her name after her husband died recently, so he has all the legal stuff already.

What do you all think? The property is a condo unit in Cocoa, FL with great river views, and just a ten minute drive over the causeway gets you to the ocean. I would be listing it later this week or next. It is unfurnished.

Comments (12)