SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buildinva

Revised Floor Plan for 60's Ranch!

buildinva
11 years ago

I have made revisions to my kitchen plan based on feedback from my other thread and more thinking and pondering on my part. I would love to know what you think. I used the IKEA kitchen planner to do this.

In case you missed the previous thread, it's here: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0317105127633.html?31734

We are buying a 60's ranch and will do a gut remodel, resulting in a 1,000 sq ft open living space. The yard is an acre and backs to a sweet little creek, so we have great views along the back of the house.We are a family of 4 who frequently have a house full of kids. We live casually and comfortably, but I do love beautiful spaces! We are planning a budget white kitchen, possibly from IKEA.

We cannot move the kitchen to the left because of the opening to the garage & office. We cannot move it to the right because there is a low window just 20 inches from the corner and we can't afford to move it.

The island, which I couldn't figure out how to illustrate in the kitchen planner, will be 45x126 and seat 4 at the overhang. The walkway between the stove and island is 45. I know 48 is recommended, but I don't think I can do it and still have room on the other side for the living room.

Oh, I have put in a cleaning closet to hold the broom & other cleaning supplies. It will be in the hall space between the passageway and the kitchen (it is not shown here).

ANY thoughts or ideas are welcome!!! Thank you!!

Comments (9)