SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smilier

what goes with birch blond cabs in a 60s ranch?

smilier
13 years ago

I have somewhat of a natural light problem in my kitchen and am looking at IKEA cabinets (I like the frameless, and the flat slabl). I'm strongly considering the blond wood to keep things light and cheery. I'm wondering what colors countertop and floors would look best. It seems existing floors will go because we're changing the layout possibly getting rid of a wall (which will add some diffuse light and add a view). Right now there is one hardwood in the kitchen, a second in the family room, i.e. casual eating area. . .and on the other side of the wall in the dining/living room is the third hardwood (my fav), which we'll keep. I like the resilience of cork and I like that it's a mid-century appropriate material. I would love to see any photos or hear any suggestions. The other thing I'm concerned about is I don't know if the warm wood (it's an amber honey color) in the dining area is going to be too jarringly different if we have blond wood in the adjacent room.

Our basic data: we have small kids and are serious cooks. Our budget doesn't absolutely necessitate IKEA, but it seems a practical choice.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath