SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pcumming_gw

New Front Load Washer clothes too wet-Bosch Nexxt 100

pcumming
17 years ago

Was all excited about my new washer since my old one died after 15 years. Well not excited but thought it would be an improvement.

I can get used to the 100 minute wash times and efficiency but I should have bought a 500 series Bosch since it has more features and 80 minute wash time.

Wanted to return unit but store told me they will send out a repair person.

What seems to be wrong?

Clothes are sopping wet or very wet after a washer load is run.

If I put in 1 towel it is soaking wet. I could live in the desert on the towel for a week.

If I put in 2 towels and 2 jeans-again very very wet.

Tried 4 towels and still wet but not as bad.

Tried it with no detergent, some detergent. I know all bolts are out. I know that it is draining as I watched the water pour out of the drain hose. Unit does not bounce around so I assume it is level and I could place an object on top and it would not move.

I can see it spinning like heck. I even put it on an extra spin and load still wet.

This is an 800rpm unit. I cannot adjust the spin at all.

****Ideas? Bad Unit?

***Can I wash just one item in it?

**What is considered a normal load that is acceptable-3 towels and 2 jeans seem fine to me and they came out wet but not as bad as one towel

I cannot feel water in the bottom of the drum after the cycle.

Do most front load units have clothes come out wetter than usual and then require 2x the dryer time???

I will know more Monday when the service person comes out.

then I may have some leverage with appliance chain that sold me the unit. The chain is a good one and I have bought before but supposedly once you get a unit in your house the manufacturer and chain hate to take it back. I even offered them $200 to take it back and I would upgrade to the 500 series. But no dice until serviceman looks at this.

Thanks, Peter

Comments (7)