SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sada_gw

Bosch Nexxt 500 washer- Gild off Lily in 87 days?

sada
17 years ago

I thought I loved this machine. Inspite of water pooling in the drum (in the 2nd week of ownership) after sitting overnight, not immediately at end of load. I went back to Lowes(where purchased) & salesmen told me to pull drain hose back several inches as problem was caused by hose being too far in drain. Water did not pool again - until 2 weeks ago. I came home (work takes me out of town) & found water, several inches, pooled in the back of the drum. I used the "drain" setting to evacuate the drum - worked fine & proceeded to wash work clothes, mopped out gasket & left door ajar (paranoid about mildew after Maytag Neptune hooror). When DH came home from his out of town trip I asked him to check washer & sure enough, the drum had several inches of water accumulated in the back. I need to add that when I last ran clothes I had pulled the drain hose out further, causing water to spill in my laundry room (guess the hose being too far down the drain was NOT the problem, eh?).

DH called Lowes service (yes we have bought the extended warranty), was routed to Bosch & told to " run a cold wash with only fabric softener with no clothes & then run a regular load & call Lowes for a replacement if that doesn't work". It did not work (big suprise as we never had any "suds lock" indicator & assiduously use 1T Sears HE a load (measured with a tablespoon formerly used for cooking).

When I returned to town today I called Lowes service, was directed to Bosch & told that a service call would fix this because it had to do with poor installation of the machine. When I asked about leveling and proper drain placement I was told the service call had to be performed but that it is not a mechanical problem with the machine. Then I was given an authorization # & told I was would be contacted by service peron (young Appliance). I asked for Young Appliance telephone number & after completing interaction with Bosch service person, tried to call Young Appliance. It turns out the number was incorrect (good thing I called). I called Bosch back & got another number - of course only voice mail is available.

My question (as I sit here with dirty laundry that needs to be done before I leave town again tomorrow night for work) is: Why would this water accumulate after several days? The clothes come out very well spun & nearly dry & the drum is also dry until 1-2 days (sometimes as quick as overnight) after a load is run. This situation leaves me a set up for the dreaded mold/mildew I suffered with before (DO NOT WANT THAT). I am feeling bad about this purchase - wishing I had gotten the low-end Frigidaire I have at the beach which has run like a cham p for almost years now. Is the Bosch really like owning a FIAT? Any advice would be appreciated as 90 day period is up next week. Thanks, sigh...

Comments (8)