SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bookert_gw

I did it! Took my Oasis apart , myself!

bookert
15 years ago

Ok, I'm not patting myself on the back...no I give credit to those who provide us with wonderful links etc..

Why did I do this? I've read so many stories about hidden mold and seen some posted pics, that I wanted to step outside the box and dive in!

My findings were not good or bad IMO.

Was there mold? Well some pink ick ,but nothing black.

However there was a buildup of mud underneath the drum itself.

The inner plastic liner had some pink ick on the sides,but it came off very easily. There was some brownish ick on the lint filter ( it reminds me of the one inside my dishwasher!) so I cleaned it up too.

I sprayed areas of rust that are showing up mainly underneath the lid next to the computer board. I used a soy spray that is similar to WD-40 but natural based.

Also cleaned up the holes to the water inlet. There was some calcium buildup on it so I scraped it off and used a toothpick to make sure the holes were clear.

The last thing I did was to partially clean out the water inlet hose tip (it's black rubber attached to a clear plastic hose). It had pasty brown ick in it.

My conclussion is that I'm very pleased with the results! I feel confident that I can keep an eye on the formation of ick or mold and clean it off before it does damage.

Did I take pics? YES, but I have to learn how to post them... Maybe that will be my next project! =)

Hope this helped anyone on the fence wanting to do this!

If I did this , YOU certainly can too!

Special thanks to ?? ( I've forgotten his name!) who posted the Cabrio teardown site for me! You are the man! =)

Comments (14)