SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

Bought a pair of Baker bergere chairs, need paint help ASAP (pics

Valerie Noronha
16 years ago

Things are finally starting to come together with my living room. My sofa from Calico Corners came in and my drapes are ready to be installed as soon as I give the OK, but the best news of all is that I stumped on an estate (i.e or rather divorce) sale on Friday and picked up some amazing stuff. I found a lovely pair of Baker bergere chairs (his and hers with ottomans), a Baker mahogany game table and a mirror. I could've never afforded this kind of quality new so I am thrilled. The fabric on the chairs is spotless and the chairs have all the nailhead trim so I am not going to reupholster. All I feel needs to be done is to add some new Down stuffing in the top cushions. I've checked and they are zippered so I think this will be easy, though will defer to the collective wisdom on this board.

The most pressing concern now is: should I paint? The crown will be going in the latter part of next week (as I wanted to put the crown in before the drapes) so the best opportunity to paint would be in the next few days. Due to the flow of the rooms, I would need to paint the living room and entry the same color. This is open to my dining room which is a neutral wheat/oat color.

I would really love some suggestions for paint colors as well as some photoshopped choices if anyone is willing to help me. DH thinks the paint looks great and I shouldn't bother so being able to show him some different options would really help. The rooms are northern exposure so don't get a lot of natural light so I don't want to go too dark, but I was thinking maybe terra cotta?

Here are some pics of the pieces:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

drapery material:

{{!gwi}}

The red in the pic is for the leading edge trim of the drapes:

{{!gwi}}

Here is the table and mirror in my entry way though I think I like the table better as a sofa table:

{{!gwi}}

Comments (48)