SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yodajo

Need help with furniture placement in family room!! (Pics)

yodajo
14 years ago

I have been struggling with our family room since we moved almost a year ago. I wish we would have lived here a bit before we bought our furniture instead of buying it beforehand, but I guess there's nothing I can do about that now and I have to find a way to make it work.

I have posted before on here about painting the room. I hate the color I painted it (another impulsive move). I got some great advice and I plan on taking it, but I am waiting until the fall to paint it. Also, once the room is painted, I do plan on making or buying window treatments, which will help a lot.

Meanwhile, I hate the way our furniture sits in the room. Mainly, I hate the corner by the sofa, table and smaller chair. It just seems like everything is jammed in there. I think the end table is too bg and we thiink that maybe smaller round end tables with matching lamps on either end of the couch would look better. We have one wall taken up with a doorwall and large entryway and another taken up with the fireplace, so it limits our options.

Also, we just bought the coffee table yesterday and it seems to be a bit too big/high. My husband siad he could cut the legs a bit, which would drop it about 3" and just leave tha "ball" part. The table was a relatively cheap purchase from Homegoods, so it wouldn't bother me to do that IF it would work.

We also have no idea what to do with the wall the tv is on. It is so blank and boring, but I don't know where to begin with it.

So, my questions are:

1. What do you think of the furniture placement? What would you change? What would you add?

2. What do you think of the table? Should we take it back?

3. What about the blank wall where the tv sits? Any suggestions?

Thanks for looking and for any advice you can offer!

The room:

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH