SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dubhead_gw

Does this sound like a bad water pump on my Kenmore 110.92380200?

dubhead
14 years ago

Hello there,

We just noticed this noise this morning when washing a moderately sized load of cotton clothes. The Kenmore top-loader we use is getting on in years, so it is not surprising that a part may have gone bad, just want to see if I can't isolate what that might be with some help from the good folks here.

The washer fills and agitates without any issue or noise. Spin cycle is the same thing (I think) but we seem to be getting an awful loud noise and clicking when the washer is draining the water out. I am inclined to think that this is the pump that is making this racket as the water does drain out, albeit it seems a bit slower. In some of the diagrams that I have seen for this model it appears the pump affixes to a separate motor that must turn some impeller inside the pump. I am wondering really if the impeller is broken and simply replacing the pump may be the quick fix. I found a pump online for about $16 which is sure better than the nearly $125 for the new motor.

Does anyone have any good tests or insight that might help me confirm whether this part may be to blame or have I narrowed it down enough?

Thanks so much for your time and thoughts!

Cheers!

~Dubhead

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio