SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
m1chael_lou

Please Help...Assistance w/Washer Selection

m1chael
16 years ago

New Member here and I need some assistance with a washer/dryer set. I will first advise you briefly about my experiences with my current set (Whrlpl Duet). Received first set back in Sept '06 and washer began vibrating like I have never seen before in my life. After calling, calling, and more calling, finally spoke with executive customer service person and exchanged for brand new washer in July '07 (dryer worked fine so now have a non-matching set). Anyway, after a few weeks, the new washer started to make a clicking noise and would not go on to next segment in cycle. Come to find out, there is a plastic lever that binds when going from different cycles underneath the top lid of the machine. Repair guy contacted Whrlpl and they supposedly had a stiffer plastic piece that they sent but it did not good. So since July, I have had to have the lid off of my $1,000 washer and at times during the cycle I need to press down on the lever so it doesn't bind. Finally, the whirlpool corp will buy back both the washer and dryer so that brings me to where I am now. I've done some research with the help of this forum and consumer research sites and like the reviews that the LG Steam Tromm receives. Also interested in the Bosch Nexxt 800 Series but since it is relatively new, there is not that many reviews for it.

I was hoping someone would be able to shed some light on the brand that they feel is one of the best right now. I definitely know that I do not want to try Whrpl again. We are looking for something that does not spins so hard it sounds like a rocket ship taking off because our laundry room is on our main floor. I also saw some review on the VRT Samsung set but then saw some people complaining about it as well. Anyway, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

Comments (13)