SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aboc1212_gw

Proper Installation for FL washer - how do I ensure this?

aboc1212
14 years ago

We are shopping for a FL washer/dryer for a 2nd floor installation in a new home. I have been reading around this forum about the two most common complaints - mold/mildew and excessive vibration during the spin.

I am not concerned about the mold/mildew because I've read about things I can do to prevent it and they seem doable. The vibration issue seems a little less in my control. I can't do anything about construction of my home so that's what it is - it's new (we haven't even closed yet) so I assume it's ok but who knows?

What I am wondering though is there anything I can do to ensure the installation is done well? Is there a way to know up front if the installers are good? Are there questions I should ask before deciding where to buy? What should we watch out for when they are actually in our home installing? We have been considering buying from a smaller, local appliance store but it seems like to me no matter where we go either we will get someone who cares and works hard to make it right or we won't - and we can't really do anything about it before hand.

Any advice would be appreciated. I've already learned a lot on this forum!

Comments (6)