SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pam14_gw

Public proclamation of paint project. Pics! Need support!

pam14
15 years ago

I'm sick of looking at my paint-splotched walls in my family room. I must have test-splotched these walls three years ago. Been living in this house almost 7 years. Enough is enough! I almost don't notice the splotches anymore, until someone says, "Oh, you're painting?" My pathetic response, "Ummm, sure, yeah." Little do they know how long those splotches have been there.

One thing I did decide is that I've eliminated all of the color choices that you can see in the pics. I had used a bunch of leftover paint from previous projects, and even mixed some of the colors to come up with new colors!

I bought the paint I'm going to use last May (yup, that long ago). It's a medium/darkish greenish color - can't think of the name right now. That will be going on the top half of the wall. The trim and the bottom half of the wall (like a wide horizontal beadboard) will be painted Linen White.

My mission today is to devote 2 hours to prepping the walls - clean, spackle, prime. My DH will be off tomorrow, and between the two of us, my goal is to have the room completed by Monday.

I'm posting this so I will be held responsible. Feel free to virtually kick me in the butt if I don't follow through. I need all the cheerleading I can get. I will report my progress with pics.

Here's my pics so you can see what I've been living with for about 3 years now.

Comments (62)