SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
clnewberry1

Help with a 2nd floor laundry room and set up selection

clnewberry1
16 years ago

I am getting washer and dryer hookups put in my Master Closet. I have a couple of questions about the install and what set to choose. Due to space we need a stackable front loading unit.

Is there a good placement of the floor drain? We wanted to get it put in behind the washing machine. The contractor has recommended that we put the vinyl flooring around the washing machine (approx 3x3 or 4x4)and carpet in the rest of the closet (its a walk in Master Closet, I think the closet is 6x8) The installers did not recommend a tub for the washing machine as it acts like a "sled" in moving the washing machine around. Plus I do not want a tub if they will not hook it to the drain.

I also wanted to get automatic shut off valves - any recommendations? I can't seem to find them local at Lowe's, HD, or the plumbing supply store here.

I thought I was set on the Duet Sports but they don't have the 8400 here at Best Buy or Lowe's. So while at Lowe's they sales guy showed me the Frigidaire Affinity (not sure of the model but it had internal heat). We are having the contractor reinforce the floor with 3/4 inch plywood but I am concerned about the machine "walking". Does anyone have any recommendations. Our budget for the washer and dryer is $1500-2000.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments (6)