SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
awm03

Taking the plunge -- decorating whims?

15 years ago

My house has been in disarray for months now, due to a remodeling and subsequent painting (trim, doors, windows, now the walls). My wall color wishes seem to change with the seasons: in summer I wanted cool, pale blues; in autumn, reds, oranges, & rosy terra cottas; now that it's gray winter, a soft warm pink sounds great. In short, I'm stuck, & my sainted DH is getting impatient. He wonders why we just don't go to Sears & pick out a paint in five minutes like we did 24 years ago for our first house. Butter yellow for every room -- looked great, too!

I finally bit the bullet and ordered pumpkin milk paint for my LR. It's actually University of Texas Longhorn orange, if that helps you visualize. I'm not convinced that I'll like it! Though I love orange rooms in magazines, not sure I can pull off a pumpkin room myself. It will mean a new rug & new upholstery. And I haven't a clue as to what to do for the adjoining rooms so it will all flow together. I'm afraid in summer the colors will be too autumnal and stifling. But pumpkin it is. Sure it's just paint, but it's also time and money.

Guess I'm just wanting radical change. And I need the challenge.

Does anybody have a similar tale to tell? Have you ever decorated a room for the challenge of it? Or used a color just for a radical, what the hell kind of change?

Comments (6)