SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mc_hudd

We finally got moved!

mc_hudd
15 years ago

Hi all. I'm not sure any of you noticed, but in several of my previous posts I mentioned moving to a new house. Well, it finally happened. We moved in on 6/16/08 & couldn't be happier!

The reason I'm posting this here is b/c I bought a Maytag Epic set for the house & hadn't really gotten to use it. Now I've been using it for the last 2 months & really like it. A couple of observations I've had are:

1) You really do have to relearn to do laundry. There are so many different cycles to choose from & options that you really have to think about what you're doing opposed to just using the same old settings for every load.

2) The commercials lie! These washers will hold more than a conventional TL, but not as much as they want you to believe. Well, let me rephrase that, yes they will hold as much, they just won't get the clothes clean if you stuff them according to the manual. Also, w/ jeans, if you wash too many, the legs get tangled & very wrinkled & even drying them doesn't get the wrinkles out. My DH is an average sized man, he wears 32x34 jeans and I've found w/ his really dirty work jeans 6 pairs is the most I can put in & have them get clean & not be tangled together.

3) Speaking of DH... I was worried about his work clothes not getting clean, he works construction out of state & brings home disgusting clothes that have set for a week or more, so the dirt/stains are really set in! In my old TL, I would do a prewash w/ Dawn dish washing liquid, then a reg. wash w/ detergent, oxy clean & dish washing liquid. This did the trick, but I knew w/ a FL I definitely couldn't use dish washing liquid. Well, I just put in a scoop of detergent and a scoop of Oxy in the prewash & main wash compartments & that's all... My work is done for me. His work jeans come out clean w/o the use of dish washing liquid, the prewash & reg. wash cycles really don't take much longer than my old TL did and it's all done for me (in my TL, I had to restart my washer for the reg. cycle, which meant I practically had to sit on top of the washer to remember to restart it or it was very easy to forget), & the clothes are dryer which means less drying time.

Overall, I'm very pleased w/ my FL washer. My favorite part is just starting it & not having to run back to put in FS or to start the main wash cycle... It's so great!

Also, I purchased some dryer balls from Wal-Mart, they're their brand, Main Stays, I believe, but I really like them. I bought these before we moved when I was still using my old dryer & they did cut drying time. In my new dryer the longest I've timed it @ was 25 minutes... Great!

Comments (2)