SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancy108_gw

duet/bosch 500/fl vs tl/dilemna ?

nancy108
15 years ago

I have a whirlpool gold TL with agitator that works okay but is wearing out my clothes and clothes are okay clean, nothing great. I have considered all the posts and debates on which is better. I do about 3 loads of laundry a week and honestly am not a real great sorter, mostly a mix of colors in warm water, a load of sheets and towels, and a load of jeans and sweatshirts, tee shirt etc... I HATE to iron so anything that needs real ironing is a dry cleaner item. I have ordered but not delivered yet, a duet 9400. I debated between the Duet and the Bosch 500 plus. The sales guy said both were great but if I tended to throw whatever in the machine, the Duet might be better because the Bosch was a little more sensitive to unbalanced loads than the Duet, also repair costs were a little less on the Duet. I liked the door on the bosch better but did not think I should base my decision on that. What I am concerned about is

1. floor vibration and walking, laundry on first floor so I got out the level and bought some anti-shake pads ? would the Bosch or the Duet be better as far as vibration/ walking goes?

(I did not order pedestals even though I did like the ease of the door height with them)

2. I am really concerned about awful wrinkling with the front loader, and the horror stories about the twisting messes, is there a way to avoid this? is either machine better in this aspect? Can extra water be added to the machine in the cycle or the spins adjusted down?

3. Eventual repairs, since both machines are hovering aroung the thousand dollar mark, when they need repairs in year 5, and warranties are gone which one will be better, or will I just shot myself or the machine.?

4. Should I forget the whole thing and settle for a new HE top loader or will the wrinkles still be there?

Thanks for listening and any advice appreciated

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH