SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
onthego_gw

Whirlpool Cabrio TL vs GE HarmonyTL

onthego
16 years ago

First...I'd like to hear comments from people with energy star Top Loaders...how you like them, where you got them and did you buy extended warranty. I've concluded from the avg amount of wash/dry loads I do a week (4)...that a top loader will work best for me...but I do want an energy star one. So not alot of choice, but seems that either Whirlpool Cabrio or GE Harmony are the top choices. While checking the most of the places in town that sell appliances (haven't tried Best Buy or RC Willey yet)...have found that no one carries a floor model of GE Harmony - Lowes', HD nor Sears. Sears says they are nothing but trouble, HD rep wishes they would stock them because she says they're great (and she told me she's not on commission)and the Lowes rep.had no comment. All would order them for me if I wanted them. Lowes seems to have best return policy if I don't like the machines for whatever reason, I can return it within 30 day; - with Sears and HD about the same...has to be something mechanically wrong...not just that it doesn't wash well, etc. Comments I've seen on this board about Sears makes me leary about them. I've bought lots of appliances over the years from them, but have never had a problem with them...so no experience about returning. Sears does seem though to have the best price though. Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks all!

Comments (13)