SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kals_gw

SQ vs Whirlpool vs Maytag

kals
14 years ago

I have just suffered through two Kenmores which do not spin out adequately (one is 700 series, the second is 600 series). I finally realized that a design shift has occurred since I bought my first sturdy Kenmore, and am now seriously examining the alternatives. They are not pretty, because I want to control water temp., water level, agitation roughness (cottons vs delicates), and get a good spin at the end.

So my choices seem to be:

SQ: Not available in Canada, unless I pay almost double the US price to get the Huebsch, which is the Canadian SQ. I could follow in Kingstonian's footsteps and bring an SQ in over the border, but the retailer says there is no way to get warranty service here (how fair is that?). But I am thinking that if SQ is as good as it is cracked up to be, maybe my little general appliance insurance policy ought to cover me. ??

Whirlpool 5300 series: I gather from comments on this board that Whirlpool is one of the better TLs -- But, will the auto temp control prevent me from getting a genuinely hot wash going for whites? And, how does it spin? It's a direct drive, don't know if that is good or bad re spin.

Maytag 3.5 cf, 500 series: This also has auto temp control, so will 'hot' really just be lukewarm? And, this is belt driven -- better for spinning, or worse?

Any thoughts would be appreciated, since none of the retail people seem to know much of anything about anything!

Kals

Comments (12)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor