SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
binsp

Wall color with repainted French Provincial bedroom furniture

13 years ago

My parents are planning on moving my childhood furniture down this coming year and I am thrilled to be planning (will help chase away my post-holiday decorating doldrums!).

My childhood furniture was the Sears "French Provincial" style that was popular in the early 70s. I'm so happy that my DD will soon have it.

While it's in good condition, I'd like to update it and fell in love with this look last year:

http://thedecoratedhouse.blogspot.com/2009/09/makeover-blue-french-provincial-night.html

My problem is that I've always wanted to have a pink bedroom. As my daughter is only 2.5 yo but already shows a preference for pink, I thought painting her room pink would be perfect. I just don't see how refinishing the furniture in turquoise would suit up with even the faintest of pinks...would it?

I'm guessing I'd have to make a choice between pink walls or the turquoise treatment and as much as I love pink, I think I'd have to go with the turquoise treatment (maybe I'll just paint my laundry room pink!).

Anyway, DD will continue to share a room with her twin brother for at least another couple of years so the furniture will be in the "guest" room.

Would love your thoughts on wall color for the room with proposed furniture treatment.

I should add that the room (picture linked below) NEVER looks that bright. The furniture in the photo below is not ours. The window faces northeast. The room is currently painted a Band-Aid pink (our entire house is painted this color & I can't wait to start making changes!).

Thanks for any suggestions you might have to offer up.

Comments (7)