SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
staceyneil

Ideas for repainting French Provincial girls' bedroom furniture?

Stacey Collins
14 years ago

Has anyone done this?

I'd love to see photos, or hear tips, if so. DD was on the fence about whether to leave the existing finish (somewhat chipped and aged, 1960's cream/gold) on her new bed and dresser, or paint them. I've noticed "cottage chic" stores, and Pottery Barn teen, have similar furniture that's painted ALL white, including the handles....

But the new bed definitely needs repainting.... and she's leaning towards a whiter, lighter look now, but still likes the sort of vintage look of rubbed-off areas (but not so much the brown glazing some have).

Does anyone have any advise? This type of decor is totally out of my experience range. I don't expect this furniture has too much value; i.e. it won't be "wrecking" something precious and important to paint over the original finish, will it?

My instinct is to paint it a creamy white (maybe like BM Acadia White?) and rub a bit off the corners and handles and such before it's dry. What do you think?

Here are pics of the dresser, bed, and little birdcage (which she won't be repainting, loves the chipped paint!)

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (12)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!