SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ash8177

Toddler girl bedroom help - turning into a decor disaster! pics

ash8177
13 years ago

Ok.. so you saw my oldest dd's room and my sons room, now it's on to the youngest girls bedroom! This room is my toddler and pre-schooler's space. And it's not turning out how I envisioned. I *think* I know what needs to be done but after all the painting I've done in the past 2 months I'm really dreading the responses/confirmation I'm going to get!

Here is where I'm at right now:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

The wall colors are o.k. My girls love it and I can live with it. It's just not the exact shades I was going for but anyway.. The bedding is another disapointment. I had such a hard time finding *nice* toddler bedding. What I finally did was buy crib sets.. I thought they would fit the same because a toddler mattress and a crib mattress are the same size. Well, the quilt doesn't hang right.. it comes up short. :( And my plan was to take the crib bumpers and use them to cover their bed frames. That white plastic is dingy and cheap looking so I thought it would be the perfect fix and way cheaper then buying them new bed frames! So I started to do that.. here is one side done:

{{!gwi}}

But now I think both beds covered in that print will be way too much! What do you all think?

And then there's the trim.. this is what I'm dreading.. I *think* it needs to be painted white, doesn't it? And possibly the dark wood? I hate the thought of painting the rocking horse and wagon! I love those two pieces! I have a gorgeous dark wood dresser in the pole barn that I was going to clean up and bring in too but now I'm thinking white furniture is the way to go.

What do you guys think? What would you do?

Comments (23)