SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brightm

Asko pair on order, starting to worry...Miele?

brightm
9 years ago

I know there are a few other Asko/Miele laundry threads, but all the ones I found seemed specific to certain models and situations.

Our laundry is in our kitchen. We tried every which way to move it and can't. So we are down-sizing to euro machines. We've ordered the Asko W6424 and T754 in Titanium. The thought is this will blend best with the stainless steel appliances. I've read the good and bad (more bad than good) re: the Askos, but we figure in our situation we need to just roll the dice (and get an extended warranty).

Project bloat has brought us to order a couple other Miele products and I'm fairly enamored with them. (nothing installed yet, cabinets should start tomorrow) I kept looking at the Mieles but the price and the fact that they're only in white kept me away from them.

BUT, I just realized that they have panel ready ones. (W3039I/T8019CI) They'd have white control panels, but I could (eventually) get natural cherry fronts made for them to match our cabinets OR have something done with the thin panel thing and have something in Cobalt made to match our Bluestar.

The Miele pair (I think...didn't go get my receipt for the Askos) is about $1700 more than the Askos. Ouch. Plus whatever I do to make them prettier. Plus it'd be a condenser dryer instead of vented.

I JUST (while typing this) got word that the Asko is not going to be available until a week after when I need them, so I wouldn't feel horrible canceling the order. But I am having a really hard time stomaching the pricetag for the Mieles. But I'm scared of the Askos.

Any suggestions? Things I haven't considered? Anyone have experience with any of these models? WWYD?

Comments (23)