SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juddgirl2

Mixing Danze and St. Thomas ORB bath accessories?

juddgirl2
15 years ago

Please help me stop obsessing about toilet accessories!

We're finally in the finishing stages of a year-long remodeling project, which includes a new powder room. I purchased the bath accessories quite some time ago, and will be using a Danze wall faucet, towel ring, and toilet paper holder in the oil rubbed bronze finish, which looks to me more like antique copper. We are also using a hammered antique copper vessel sink and antique vanity. Baldwin door knob and Hubbardton Forge light fixtures are in the darker, almost black, distressed ORB finish.

Now I've finally purchased the toilet - the St. Thomas Richmond with the standard chrome lever and bolt covers, which are very pretty but just don't match anything in the room. I've ordered (and paid quite a bit more for) the replacement St. Thomas lever and bolt covers in ORB, which online appears to be almost black, similar to Baldwin ORB.

Now I realize that Danze sells an ORB toilet lever that would probably work and would be an exact match for the other Danze accessories. It's also much less expensive than the St. Thomas lever, but doesn't come with the matching bolt covers (which I never even knew existed before last week!). We could use the plastic covers that also came with the toilet.

Given that the Danze toilet paper holder will be very close to the toilet lever, should I eat the restocking fee on the St Thomas order and buy the Danze lever? Or is too much matching not necessarily a good thing? I know this may seem silly but this is what my long, drawn-out remodeling project has reduced me to!

Also, if anyone is interested in the St. Thomas 1 piece toilets, which are very attractive and seem to have good reviews, I found mine at Home Expo in stock and priced over $200 less than any other local dealer or online supplier! I originally went in looking for a Toto, but they were very contemporary looking and we have an antique feel to the bathroom, so the dealer suggested St. Thomas.

Thank you!

Danze ORB lever

St Thomas ORB accessories

Comments (3)