SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luvhorses_gw

HVAC for New Construction in Idaho

luvhorses
15 years ago

I'm re-posting this message as new; sorry, I'm a novice contributor & posted on another thread.

Appreciated would be feed back on HVAC for new southern Idaho construction where we have cold winters & hot summers (with low humidity).

House is river-side in the country with 2052 sq feet on main level with vaulted ceiling in great room & open loft of 800+ sq feet. Loft is media/game room, bathroom and small bedroom primarily for guests and grandchildren.

In great room, there will be a gas fireplace and possibly a free-standing small wood stove (old, dead firewood is plentiful locally).

Floors will be concrete poured over foundation/crawlspace so radiant floor heat is considered. We want to complement the radiant floor heat with AC but installation costs of central

air + ducting minus a furnace approaches the cost of a dual-fuel system.

There's the current dilemma. If radiant heat, then what for AC. If dual fuel, which system.

Of course, of 5 HVAC contractor proposals, none completed a requested Man J or Man D. I'm considering doing the calculations with online programs; however, conscientious HVAC contractors should gladly complete that process for appropriate job considerations.

The bids on Lennox, York, Tempstar and Bryant proposed a variety of equipment and sizing. Only the following proposal separately priced equipment from ductwork/labor.

This was the only contractor who bid a Bryant system that I requested based on information gleaned from this website. Another contractor verbally stated the job @ $13,000 but would not provide a written proposal(probably Legacy equip).

Please review the latest proposal: (of course, before any agreements, model #s would be needed).

Equipment: TempStar

1 100,000 BTU 92% gas furnace (n9mp2100j20)

1 5 ton 13 seer r22 hp (n2h360)

1 digital hp thermostat

1 30 ft line set

Total $3,400.

Equipment: Bryant Legacy

1 100,000 BTU 92% gas furnace (352 AAV)

1 5 ton 14 seer 410A hp (214ANA)

1 digital hp thermostat

1 30 ft line set

Total $5,400.

Equipment: Bryant

1 100,000 BTU 92% gas furnace (355 CAV)

1 4 ton 410A 16 seer hp (288ANA)

1 Evolution digital thermostat

1 30 ft line set

2 zone

Total $7,200.00

Duct

All main trunk lines : metal and insulated with R8

20 heat runs; metal with 5 ft of flex on ends

4 return air vents

Venting

Bath fans, range, dryer, furnace (water heater boiler vent done by plumber)

Gas Piping

Furnace, BBQ, range, boiler and water heater

Total $10,700.00

Bid includes: labor, parts, permit and tax. (no mention of warranties)

After months of viewing threads on this website, the experience, expertise and advice of contributors is highly valued!

You're all outstanding for the thoughtfulness and time you expend for the homeowner who just wants a fair deal on an appropriate heating and cooling system.

Thanks!

Idaho Cowgirl

Comment (1)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus