SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luvmylg

What makes a TL HE? How does agitatorless work?

luvmylg
16 years ago

I have seen the Cabrio and others that have the little agitator at the bottom of the drum, but I have never seen one work so I can't for the life of me understand how you can fill it up as you would a traditional TL washer and that little agitator manipulate clothes to the point of cleaning them.

My next question is what makes them "HE". They still fill the tub as TL's have always done. I think they spin faster now. Do they still have generic water settings or does the washer automatically dispense the water? How fast do they spin now? I was plagued w/unbalanced loads when I owned a TL (laundry room sounded like Falluejah) does that problem still exist? Do they have heaters or sanitizing features?

For those that purchased the more expensive TL's, being that the high end TL's are basically as expensive as a Fl what made you decide on the older technology coupled with the fact that the water usage is still high and I know that there have been some serious issues w/reliability on the Cabrio.

I think I will go and check out one this weekend, kind of curious about the features on it now.

No I will not be "turned to the dark side of the force...I have searched my feelings; the Top Loader is not my father".

ROFL....a little Star Wars humor this morning.

Comments (8)