SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pattygardencat

Sock clogging Bosch Nexxt drain

pattycat
16 years ago

Hi all -

Is this normal? About a week ago we had a repairman come because our Bosch Nexxt 500 was having trouble draining, and the problem was getting worse. Performance started to decline about six weeks after we took delivery of the machine, and it stopped working entirely about six weeks after that.

The repairman found a kid's sock in the drain. He informed us that the cost of his visit would NOT be covered by the warranty.

This seems crazy to me.

I understand that the little mesh bag is provided for small items, but nowhere in the user's manual does it even state that baby socks could be pulled into the drain (much less that larger socks pose a problem).

This particular sock was not one of those itsy-bitsy baby socks. It was about seven inches long. I own some stretchy socks that are not substantially larger. It would not be practical to place all of these socks into the mesh bag.

Does anyone besides me see a major design flaw here? I didn't abuse the machine. I just used it to wash laundry. (Silly me!) If I'd washed a Hot Wheels car (not out of the question, given that I have two boys), then I'd understand if the warranty didn't apply. ;-)

Before I call Bosch about this issue, I would love to get feedback from any of you who have relevant experience (or opinions, for that matter). Love to hear from Bosch Chris, too, if you're here.

Thanks,

PattyCat

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals