SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jcrowley99_gw

Buying my Bosch Nexxt 500, usage tips from current owners?

jcrowley99
17 years ago

Hi everyone! You were all so helpful when I was trying to decide which washer to buy I though maybe you would be willing to give me some tips on using my new washer. Here is what I know for sure:

1. Use HE detergent (I have a stock of All Small & Mighty Free and Clear HE liquid) I must use a free and clear detergents because of multi allergies and skin conditions-if anyone has similar problems and has had good luck with another detergent, I would love to hear about it.

2. Leave the door open between washes.

That is about all I know for sure. so...

1. What about lint, is there a filter that needs to be cleaned?

2. Are my fuzzy sweaters going to be a problem?

3. What about washing large items like comforters? Do I need to use a certain cycle for good results? Lower the spin speed so it does not unbalance?

4. What about the towel issue I have read about here? How do I keep towels soft?

5. Is it ok to use fabric softener? I use a free & clear softener, if cloths are too rough I can't stand the feel of them on my skin.

6. How do you seperate your lint givers and receivers? My lint givers appear to be receivers too, does any one else have this problem? Even sweater bags don't seem to help.

7. I 've read that small items should be put in bags. How small? Do I need to worry about socks? No small children, I'm the smallest person in the house.

If I seem a bit crazy to you - my husband would agree. He would also go out and buy the cheapest top loader he could find at the first store he walked into! Thanks for your help. Any thing you can help me with will be greatly appreciated!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH