SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
engk916

Bosch Nexxt 500/700/Platinum vs Maytag Elite

engk916
17 years ago

we were told that maytag is no longer selling the kitchen-aid washer/dryers that we were going to buy for our new construction, so after weeks of research spent on those machines now i have a week to choose another one. :(

i like the bosch 500 series, but my husband thinks that for the money we might as well get the 700 or Platinum. What are the major differences between these lines? it looks like only difference between the 500 & 700 series are child locks on the washer/dryers, and 3 languages. ;) Unlike the 500/700 series, the Platinum line looks like it lacks the 'quick-wash' cycle. As i mentioned before, I haven't had the chance to do much research so I apologize in advance if these are dumb questions.

dh thinks we should get the new maytag elite, but i hesitate to get a washer/dryer (even from a great company like maytag) that has no track record. has anyone taken the leap on this? if so, how do you like it?

we're a young family of 4 (two toddlers) with elderly parents living with us, if that helps identify our usage. i want clean clothes but can't afford to spend 3+hrs on a load. any advice would help - thanks!

Comments (2)