SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lottalaundry

bosch owners - trying to decide on 300 or 500

lottalaundry
14 years ago

I plan to purchase a bosch front loader, hopefully tomorrow, and return this whirlpool top loader that i purchased that has no hot water.(interestingly, no salesperson that i have encountered has been privy to this fact. had i been aware of this, i would not have purchased it.) i have read most of the posts on bosch washers here and would like to ask bosch owners about some of the things that i have read.

1. what temperature do the cycles rinse in, warm or cold? (i've seen a post that mentions warm). is it it the same on both models?

2. is the rinse plus on the 500 an alternative to the spin and drain cycles on the 300?

3. there is a bleach setting listed for the 300 but not the 500. is that because of the xxxsanitary cycle? what if i wanted to use bleach anyway, how could i?

4. how does ecoaction work?

5. i read that the bosch heater maintains the temp on the 500, is that true for the 300?

6. lastly, are the jeans and wool cycles worth the extra money? i am mainly interested in the sanitary and the quickwash cycles on the 500 but am curious as to the other differences.

are you guys pleased with your purchase or do you wish you had bought a duet or something else? duet was my other option but i think i'm gonna go bosch.

i know that i have a lot of questions but this is a lot of money for a washing machine and with four kids, we are gonna give it a workout, so i want to know what i'm getting and who better to ask than an owner. i REALLY appreciate anyone taking the time to answer some or all of my questions. i plan to purchase tomorrow but if my husband works late, it will not be until wednesday.

Thanks so much.

Comments (7)