SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dross_gw

Bosch Nexxt/Siemens Washer & Dryer - Part 10

dross
17 years ago

Part 9 has reached the 150 entry limit.

Please continue posting Bosch Nexxt / Siemens Washer & Dryer information in this thread Part. - DR

Here is a link that might be useful: Bosch Nexxt/Siemens Washer & Dryer - Part 9

Comments (61)

• dross
    Original Author
    17 years ago

debula, can you describe the dripping more (eg, where does the soap seem to be emerging from the machine)? The soap dispenser has no moving parts (except the dispenser door) and is self-contained, so the only ways you can be getting soap down the outside are (a) spilling, (b) oversudsing pushing soapsuds up and out the dispenser door, or (c) the pipe running from the soap dispenser to the tub is disconnected or broken. I suppose that the latter have happened in transit, but I still don't see how the soap then gets outside the machine. - DR

• perpetualremodeler
    17 years ago

The star-screwdriver is better known as a Torx size 20. The dryer can vent out the back (as shipped), out the bottom, and out the right side. Left-side venting is impossible, the heating elements are there.
    I got the Bosch side-vent kit from a local dealer for $25. Incredibly, BB and Lowes do not sell this kit. This is a significant project, the drum is removed and a hole must be cut in the side. I strongly suggest a T20 bit for your drill-driver. If you don't use the $100 4" hole punch, you can do what I did and use a jigsaw with an 18tpi metal cutting blade. Just make sure to use the paper template for centering only! Trace the perimeter of the actual pipe or your hole will be way too large! Also cover all internal parts with sheets/plastic to catch the metal shavings. Then vacuum the interior thoroughly.
    The dryer went in Thursday night. It's surprisingly loud compared to the washer, about the same as the 17yr old Kenmore it replaced. I like that matching look, tho.

• Related Discussions

Bosch 300 vs 500 series Nexxt FL washer

Q

Comments (26)
    Hay guys (sorry I have a teenage kid - I pick this kind of stuff up from him) I'm looking to add a Bosch washer to my LR. Now that Best Buy (shudder) isn't the only vendor I'm putting them on my interest list. I'll post about my leaking Danby later, after it gets fixed. Second leak, FYI. Somewhere during my insomniac surfing I saw a post that says the 300 heater does NOT maintain temp throughout the wash, but the 500 does. Of course now I can't find it so I'm asking for confirmation or not. Any other differences in these machines (across the whole Bosch line, not jus the 300/500) that one can't get from reading the online user guide/manual? Also I can't seem to download the 300 user manual - I can get the 500, DLX, 700 and Platinum, go figure - so if someone has a link, couldja share please? I'll probably get a 500 (love dross's 'sweet spot') but I just want to look at the options. Gotta tell ya I'm spoiled with my Danby - flick of the dial and I can change temps for any cycle, no muss or fuss, and since its a dial I have infinite variations. I digress. Also since I just seemed to miss one of their (many) rebates which ended 3/31, any idea when Bosch will roll the next one out? Thanks. I'll update my Danby at the three year bday mark in late May.
    ...See More

Power Requirements for Nexxt Washer and Gas Dryer

Q

Comments (6)
    Thanks dross. I looked up the WFMC3200uc model on bosch's website. This manual lists the exact same rating as the model I was looking at. 120 V 15 Amp 1350 Watt max. So, maybe the manual doesn't match the actual label on the machine. That is a relief if that is the case. I wonder what the manual means when it lists the 15 Amps? Similarly, I wonder what it means when the dryer manual lists 9 Amps? If anyone has the 500 series washer and gas dryer, could you take a look at the labels to let me know what the power requirements listed on the machines are? Thanks all, Patrick
    ...See More

Bosch Nexxt 800 Vs Samsung VTR - Which Washer/Dryer is quieter

Q

Comments (11)
    I agree with plumby. Bosch seems more reliable than Samsung. I cannot speak about which machine is more attractive because, personally, I hide mine in a closet because I don't want to see any appliance if I don't have to. So the fact the Samsung looks slightly better seems as plumby said- to be secondary to its function. About the crawlspace/ vibration, etc. My laundry closet is probably less than 10 feet from my bed. It is on the other side of a lath and plaster wall and there is another closet on either side of it, but there are no vibrations. And we have an actual basement, which is open under the whole house- so raised foundation also. No vibration there either. I don't think Samsung has cornered the market on no vibrations with certain foundations, i just think Bosch doesn't bother to state it, even if it is true. If you level your machines properly, they are quite silent. I also had my Bosch machines in a open loft in a closet on a concrete floor. Not particularly loud either. Can't speak for Samsung but I am impressed with the noise level of Bosch. I bet they are even better on the new ones too.
    ...See More

Bosch Nexxt Platinum Washer & Dryer

Q

Comments (16)
    Hello all. I just wanted to provide you all with an update of my Bosch Platinum Dryer noise experience. As I had previously mentioned, a second Bosch repairman had inspected my dryer due to the dryer noise complaint. Unlike the first inspection, the second inspection revealed that a new motor and blower were needed. I mentioned to the technician what "bsh_chris" had suggested the problem might be (flat rollers or a raised seam on the drum), however, the technician dismissed the suggestion. So parts were ordered and another appointment date was set. When the parts arrived, I met with a third Bosch technician. I explained once again that the dryer would make a thumping sound when it was in operation. After hearing the noise, he dissassembled and inspected the dryer. The technician determined that the motor and blower were fine afterall. However, I was now informed that the dryer rollers were bad (just like "bsh_chris" suggested). So, new rollers were ordered and yet another service appointment was set. When the fourth technician arrived with the rollers a few weeks later, the parts were installed and that seemed to correct the thumping problem I've had with the dryer from the time I had purchase it (July, 2006). The dryer has been working fine for 1 month at this point and the washer has been working fine all along. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll now have no more problems.
    ...See More
  • michellesg
    17 years ago

Thanks for the torx size, it'll save me a good bit of time going to and from the hardware store. I move into the new house on the 11th and I can't remember where the venting is but I think it's straight out the back. I do know that the washer hook up is on the right and the dryer on the left. Is this standard for new homes or is my builder just backwards? Intuitively I would think that the washer is on the left side but hey, what do I know. If it was just a matter of having long enough water lines and electric plug I'd just cross them in the back but I'm sure the venting will be an issue.
    ~M

• debula
    17 years ago

Hi dross. I don't think it is soap that is dripping, I think it's a loose connection with the water hose to the soap dispenser. After I do two or three loads I see a small amount of water on the floor, maybe a couple of tablespoons to 1/4 cup and it's on the left side in the area of the soap dispenser. If you reach under the cabinet edge you can feel a small amount of water on the underside of the metal.

• plumbly22
    17 years ago

Hi perpetualremodeler... I too have the loud dryer issue with my bosch 500 series... it is louder than the 15 year old maytag it replaced. It's a very rhythmic thumping, I'm guessing 2-3 times per rotation. Ibelieve it was boschowner, who posted on another thread that they are having a service call for this and will let us know if it really is a servacable issue. I sure hope it is, as mine is bout 10 feet away from my headboard and I tend to wash/dry at night!

BTW, boschchris, is there a way to shut off the wrinkle prevention from running off and on for an hour after the load is dry??? THAT is making the husband CRAZY once he's in bed!

• perpetualremodeler
    17 years ago

michellesg: Just because ads show the washer left of the dryer doesn't mean yours needs to be there. Since the in-wall mechanicals have fewer degrees of freedom (especially versus cost) than the appliances, they dictate which unit goes where.

plumby22: A thumping such as you describe could be one of several things. The drum has two rubber wheels for front support, perhaps one is out of round. Or, the ridge they ride in on the drum has a bump. Or, the belt has a bump that make the tensioner jump. Or the back drum bearing isn't right. With the dryer off, you can turn the drum slowly by hand (clockwise only) and see if you feel or see the drum jump. As for mine, I think it's just the motor/drum/air flow makes for a general noise level.

• michellesg
    17 years ago

I personally haven't a preference as to which side the washer or dryer is on but the door on the washer opens to the left and it can't be changed. It's just a minor annoyance that I have to move the clothes over the open dooor to get them into the dryer. Fortunately the dryer door can be changed to open to the left also.

• dross
    Original Author
    17 years ago

debula, sorry I misunderstood.

If the water isn't on that side of the machine until the bottom, then it could be migrating from somewhere else. For example, if one of the feed hoses is not thoroughly connected, water could drip from there, along the metal, then drip at the front-left side of the machine. You should check the feed hoses first, not because that is the most likely problem, but because that is the easiest to check! - DR

• ncle
    17 years ago

I took delivery on my Siemens FL washer and dryer yesterday, I am extremely satisfied at this point :)

I bought them from BB and did not purchase the pedestals, eventho eventually I think I would like them raised up a bit, I did not care for how small their drawer space.

My husband and I leveled the machine and ran the 1st soap only wash. It was even quieter than I expected :)
    I than ran the white load I had been saving waiting for delievery day. Boy oh boy where they were cleaner than ever before (I had a Calypso that was ~6 or 7 years old so no grease streaks either). It was great! I then ran the dryer also ran really well.

The washer did trap one of my son's socks on the "ledge" by the door/window for a little while but it eventually pulled it back in.

The second load I ran I used the 170 degree cycle to really clean my dish towels, that the last machine just couldn't clean (they smelled funny even after being clean). WOW! They are great and no more smell.

I stopped there. I have more saved for tonight.

My 3 kids liked wacthing the cycle run for awhile. My husband asked where the water was..LOL..he did not frequent this site like I have. Anyway, I am very pleased!!

• ncle
    17 years ago

adding: since i forgot to mention, they are in my laundry room right off the kitchen and I had no vibration issues.

• ncle
    17 years ago

Siemes dryer rack, do they make one and where do I order? I can't find info anywhere, altho BB told me my dryer would absolutely come with the dryer rack

• smile247
    17 years ago

Hey, What's the deal? My parents just purchased a Siemens washer and dryer from Best Buy and I wanted to research it a little and can't find anything about it. Model # WFXD5201UC for the washer and model # WTXD5321US for the dryer. BB said they were werent going to be selling the Siemens brand anymore so they got the set for 1290.00 for both. Did they get a good deal? Can anyone tell me any info on this set. Are they comparable to a current Bosch set? And does anyone know the real reason behind Best Buy not selling Siemens anymore? I want to make sure my parents made a good choice. Ive had a HE3t for 3 years now, so Im not familiar with this company at all. Thanks so much for any help.

• dross
    Original Author
    17 years ago

They got a good deal; their machines have some superior features to yours (notably in how the water heater is used).

These machine have been very widely discussed on this website, you can search for more on the search form on the main page of the laundry forum. - DR

• benbow
    17 years ago

Hey ncle, Bosch and Siemens are virtually the same products in the USA.

In my Bosch 2005 brochure the dryer rack is listed as part number WTZ1290 and was an included accessory on all but the low end 3300 model. The 2006 models do not appear to have different drum parts so the same dryer rack should be usable. Bosch USA (1 800 921-9622) should be able to confirm if this is true. On their rather peculiarly behaved service/parts web pages the rack is listed as costing $30.50 and it appears that one can order it on-line. I would call first because, depending on the model you bought, you may be entitled to a "free" rack if it was not packaged with your dryer.

• bsh_chris
    17 years ago

You're right that the Bosch part number is fine and will fit, but if you want to know the truth the Siemens part number for the drying rack is WZ20390. For more information on Siemens laundry you can visit the link below.

You also got a great deal on these machines in my opinion (albeit a truly biased opinion).

Here is a link that might be useful: Siemens Laundry

• ncle
    17 years ago

smile247,

I bought the same set a week before, and paid more than that, so yes your parents got a great deal.

I have had mine 2 days now and I love them.

I did not care for the Sears FL tho.

Now if only the pedestals were bigger, do the bigger Bosch (8" I believe ) fit the Siemens? bsh_chris any advice.

• bsh_chris
    17 years ago

Both the Bosch and Siemens pedestals are 8" tall. And yes, they woudl technically both fit to either machine.

• smile247
    17 years ago

Thanks eveyone. They want the pedestals also. Anyone know where to find any great deals on them?

• sahcghcph
    17 years ago

Help! We just installed our Siemens 5201 washer and are having a problem with error code E02 coming up 6 minutes into the wash cycle--we haven't gotten past the first empty cycle. We've followed the suggestions of the troubleshooting chart--checked screens, verified water flow, and shut the machine off and restarted. The water flow is 5 gpm--about twice the recommended minimum. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I'm really bummed right now since we redid our laundry room to accommodate the Siemens washer/dryer and now have lots of laundry to catch up on. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

• dross
    Original Author
    17 years ago

sahcghcph: did you verify water flow at the tap, or at the hose where it attaches to the machine? How sudsy does the water look during the wash? - DR

• sahcghcph
    17 years ago

DR - We verified the water flow at the hose--both hot and cold. It seems to us that the pump to drain the water is continually on. If you prevent the water from exiting the drain hose, the washer will fill and progress with the wash cycle.

• dross
    Original Author
    17 years ago

This sounds like a problem with the machine. (Minor but annoying!) There are a couple of Bosch repair techs who occasionally participate in this forum, but unless they post soon on the thread I think your best bet is to contact the dealer or Bosch. - DR

• ahains
    17 years ago

From Part 9 of this thread, there was this quote from AirElkin (the seller):
    "Call 866 447 4363.....tell them you are buying it off Ebay from AirElkin. I am an authorized dealer set up by BSH Home Appliances for closeout products. Thanks and let me know if you have any other questions."

I googled this number and found that it is in fact Siemens, as expected. So I called it to confirm that AirElkin was an authorized dealer and they failed to find him or her in the system. I will not be entirely surprised if the system is not really setup for validating a closeout only authorized dealer, but I'm wondering if anyone else has been able to successfully verify the eligibility of warranty coverage through this seller. Anyone?

Thanks!

• ahains
    17 years ago

As has usually been my experience with any company, each customer support person gives a different answer :)

So I called Siemens again this morning, and this time the person told me that it didn't matter if the seller was an "authorized" retailer as long as he was selling it brand new. This is one point I do feel confident on from all of the feedback on this site - that the machines are unused and completely brand new. Going back to post 9 of this thread, I think this wording supports that notion:

"The warranties provided by BSH Home Appliances Corp. ("SIEMENS") in this Statement of Warranties* apply only to Siemens clothes washers sold to the first using purchaser by Siemens or its authorized dealers, retailers or service centers in the United States or Canada. The Warranties provided herein are not transferable."

The fact that it specifically notes "the first USING purchaser" (capitalization mine) does seem to indicate that it really doesn't matter if AirElkin is officially authorized as he or she mentioned.

The short version: good enough for me :)

Thanks for all of the great info on this site!

• bldrsales
    17 years ago

ahain, Contact BSH US headquarters in Huntington Beach and they will verify that AIRELKIN is an authorized dealer for SIEMENS in the contential US. All buyers from AIRELKIN receive a full factory warranty. BSH_Chris verified earlier on this thread that all EBAY purchases from AIRELKIN qualified for the full factory warranty. Hope this helps

• wblynch
    17 years ago

BSH is in Huntington Beach! That is only 20 miles from us. It's nice to know the HQ is so close.

Sadly, it might be time to call already on our 2 week-old Bosch Nexxt 500. This weekend a small triangular shaped piece of plastic about 3"x3" broke off from somewhere inside the machine and ended up in the wash tub.

Wow! What a racket that thing made. I pulled it out and put it on the shelf and the machine seems to still be working fine.

I wonder what that little thing is for?

• ahains
    17 years ago

Being about as far as one can get from North Carolina, I imagine it will be a full two weeks before my washer & dryer arrive.

Anyone have any tips for how I'm going to get the monsters off of the truck? I recall reading somewhere in this huge thread that they come vertically stacked & shrink wrapped together. Crazy. I assume I can cut plastic wrap so I can take just one down from the truck at a time?

Do these trucks always have a ramp available to use? I certainly don't have a fork lift, so if they don't have a ramp I may have to buy/borrow/rent some ramps. If they truly are stacked vertically, I'm not even sure if that would work on a hand truck. Maybe it would.

If you pulled yours off of the truck yourself, it would be great if you could chime in with your experience.

Thanks!
    Adrian

• kgfrayne
    17 years ago

Mine came from Yellow Freight. They scheduled a truck with a liftgate. They were stacked, but the driver helped me move them into the garage (had to destack them) and open them up to inspeck. Great service. The washer is HEAVY! Took two other neighbors and myself to move up about 8 steps into the laundry room. I put them on pedestals from Best Buy ($99 each). So far no problems! However with the closeout on the newer Siemens models at Best Buy (if you can find them and use a 10% coupon), it looks like maybe I only saved $150 (and don't get delivery into my laundry room or a year's worth of Method soap).

I actually like the look of the Bosch model better. The molded plastic top will scratch less than the "upscale" steel top on the Siemens. I think I'm gonna put a counter top over them - which will be pretty high with the pedestals.

• michm
    17 years ago

ahains
    I contacted the seller to find out who the shipping company is-my yellow or www.myyellow.com. I called customer service at: 1-800-610-6500 and found that you can arrange with them to have inside delivery. When they called to set up a delivery time -I asked them to add inside delivery. In my case in was $59-but this may depend on your situation -stairs-etc. You can pay the additional fee when they deliver. I don't know if you can request a truck with a lift gate if you don't want to pay for inside delivery.
    kgfrayne
    In reference to the amount of savings-You also have to consider that the 8400 was a higher end model. The 5201 being closed out at Best Buy replaced the 5200 which was the lower end model to the 8400. There are more setting options on the 8400 than the 5201- 2 hour soak cycle, ability to add a 30 minute soak to any cycle, ability to add a quick wash (shorter wash time) to any cycle to name a few. There are also additional feature on the matching dryer as opposed to the matching dryer to the 5201. So the savings don't correlate exactly since one is a higher end model. The only things missing on the 8400 is chrome detailing and a little higher sanitary cycle-155 as opposed to 170. All things considered, I'm happier with the 8400. Also-I have a gas dryer-which Best Buy does not install for free-they charge $100 dollars.

• rcstevensonaz
    17 years ago

Can I run a counter top above the Siemens 8400 washer / dryer (we purchased the eBay closeout deal)?

I was planning to install a counter top above the machines to serve as a laundry folding area. It would be mounted to the walls in our small laundry room (5.5' x 5.5') and would sit a few inches above the washer / dryer.

However, the manual seems to indicate that a 12 inch clearance above the top is required. Is that really necessary or only just applicable if it is installed in a closet?

• kgfrayne
    17 years ago

Michm:
    Thanks for the update! Now I feel "special" again with my purchase! I have to admit that as much of a techie that I am, I don't feel the need to get a PhD in "wash modes & cycles" as many on here do!

I also purchased the Siemens dishwasher on eBay, and did note it was a much higher end then the one at Best Buy (thank god it has a heated dry option!).

• dross
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Can I run a counter top above the Siemens 8400 washer / dryer

Detergent is added through the top of these machines, so any counter would either have to not reach all the way to the front of the machine, or have a hinged cutout for adding detergent. (It might be worthwhile to add a cutout at the back too, for access to the water feed taps.)

Other than this, I don't think there is any reason not to have a counter - in Europe it is SOP to build washing machines in under counters. - DR

• minnow101
    17 years ago

Rec'd our Siemens FL and dryer package last week. Came by Yellow freight and was not stacked. Each piece was packaged seperately. Also came via a lift-gate truck os that was easy. Took over 3 weeks for delivery though and the Airelkin did not respond to repeated emails asking to check eho the shipper was or where my washer and dryer was. Everything turned out OK in the end but when you send someone $1200 and then don't hear anything more, it does make one nervous. Hence I will not be leaving him any feedbaack on EBAY.

• joereich
    17 years ago

Minnow101: You should leave feeback on eBay. You can choose 'neutral' and post that the communication could have been better, but everything delivered as is. He's already established a track record here that he's not a stiff and he has some real good deals. Glad it all worked out. It's a great washer/dryer.

• ahains
    17 years ago

I can't find the post now, but I think I read that the dryer comes with 3 bare wires for power and you need to connect a pigtail. Is this correct?
    From searching around the web, it sounds like this is typical for a new dryer.

Is it also correct that it can be configured for a 3 prong connector, or does it require 4? I wouldn't be surprised if this fancy pants dryer needs a 4 prong to give 120V to some of its gizmos, but I'm hoping not.

I'm going to be running 240V power to the part of my garage that will receive the dryer, so I want to double check that I only need to run 10-2 wire w/ground or if I actually need 10-3 w/ground. I can't find the manual online anywhere to check.

Thanks!
    Adrian

• bldrsales
    17 years ago

ahains, the cord is based on your local building code. Most local codes are 4 prong. Hope this helps

• benbow
    17 years ago

Our local dealer asked us to look at our dryer wall outlet and tell them if it was for three or four prong plugs. They then installed a "pigtail" power cord with the appropriate plug at the store. When the dryer was delivered it was ready to plug in. The installation guide describes how to wire up each pigtail if you want to do it yourself. Look under support for a pdf version of the manual to download. Another dealer was going to charge us $60 to wire up a "pigtail" and more for the required replacement venting when the dryer was delivered.

• ncle
    17 years ago

rattling noise on the Siemens washing machine door, like a screw is lose in there? After having it for 1 month. Hopefully, having someone check it out doesn't cause the door to have even more issues.

Also does the dryer seem more sensitive ti moisture than others you have had?

TIA!

• ncle
    17 years ago

do your clothes seem too damp when the dryer finsihes,

even on regular dry?

• islandmom2006
    17 years ago

Oh Wise Ones,
    I need your help on a matter of cosmic importance. The future of my house full of laundry depends on it. Would you be so kind as to impart your wealth of knowledge upon me?

OK,OK, I'll stop. But, I would like to know which deal you would go with.

Was at Lowe's on Sat. Seems like I can get the Bosch 500 pair for $1798 minus 10% coupon, minus 100 gift card, minus 150 rebate (or was it a g.card?) + 3 free years of Tide HE. Brings the actual cost to 1370 for the pair including 3 yrs of free detergent. OR....

Go with the Siemens 8400 for 1250(incl. shipping) off ebay.

How much detergent would I actually use in 3 yrs? I do maybe 7 loads/wk. Is the 500 a more improved machine? What am I missing by choosing one over the other? I know the 500 can heat up to 170 instead of 155 on the 8400. Is this a big deal?
    Just need a little clarification. Thanks!!!

• wblynch
    17 years ago

We were faced with the same decision a month ago and chose the Bosch 500 at Lowe's.

I know we paid a bit more than the Ebay Siemens deal but I liked dealing with a local store in case we had to worry about returns or other issues.

I also liked the idea of getting the newest models rather than last year's closeouts (yeah, I know, silly reasoning).

But most of all, DW liked the windowed dryer door more than the solid white dryer door on the Siemens.

We are very satisfied with this equipment.

• calvman
    17 years ago

I'm planning on replacing my TL Whirlpool with a FL. I thought I had my mind completely made up on the Bosch Nexxt 500, until I got to my Lowes and actually saw one in person. I felt the plastic exterior wasn't very sturdy especially in the way the body flexed at the hinge area when the door was opened. Instead of the Bosh, I came home with the Whirlpool duet sport HT (WFW8500S).

Upon reflection, I could have purchased the Siemens set for about 250 more from airelken. Not that I needed a new dryer, but I hate to pass up on such a great deal. My concern is the body of the siemens also made of plastic specifically at the hinge area? Is there any flex at the hinge when it opens or closes? I'm going to check out my local BB to see if they have any, but any input would be greatly appreciated.

• jules8429
    17 years ago

I passed on the ebay deal due to having a previous problem buying an appliance from another seller-just wasn't worth any potential hassles for me. I paid about 250 more to get the lower line models from Best Buy and also purchased the extended warranty for peace of mind. Love the machines, they do everything I need and have so much more space than my old ASKO. (Don't get me wrong-loved the ASKO but with three almost teenagers I was doing laundry 24-7.)I can now do a week's laundry in one day. I am paying about 5.00 more a month in electric but water stayed about the same.

Only problem I am having with machine is some excessive vibration on heavy loads like jeans and bath towels. I think it is possibly due to flooring as utility room is a converted back porch. My DH is planning to crawl under there and put some cross bracing in between the joists so maybe that will help.

• dross
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I felt the plastic exterior wasn't very sturdy especially in the way the body flexed at the hinge area when the door was opened

The plastic in that part of the Bosch is not structural, it is there to cover the metal and protect it from drips (this is a common rust area in all front loaders). There shouldn't have been any flex in the door, though I suppose that in a display model so many people might have hung from the door (to test its strength) that they damaged something. - DR

• coastsider
    17 years ago

Problem with Bosch Nexxt Premium 6400 Washer Door. The door seems to be out of alignment. The door goes "clunk" when it closes. You can see a groove starting to form where the door latch goes in. DH brought it to my attention yesterday. I have been very happy with our washer/dryer since they arrived in April. No problems with leveling. I really enjoy washing clothes with them; it's a pleasure. Disappointed to see a problem after just 6 months. Has anyone had this problem? I plan to call the appliance store and Bosch on Monday. TIA

• tanteb
    17 years ago

calvman,
    I went out to Lowes today to check on door flex at hinge, and although I see dross has already addressed the issue, I'd like to add that of all the brands I saw out there, only one was comparable to the Bosch in seeming sturdiness, all others felt "flimsier," there was definitely more give/play at the hinge, and some of the doors just didn't feel as sturdy in structure.

The salesperson said they have actually had customers deliberately try to damage appliances to get a discounted price, and the doors on FL do get treated real roughly, perhaps for that reason...BUT...he's seen kids hang over the doors full weight, and that Bosch door was fine.

My Siemens set seemed so sturdy compared to our old TL that I was hoping the one you saw was an anomaly, a lemon...I think it was.

• dross
    Original Author
    17 years ago

coastsider, this should be an easy repair (something needing tightening); let us know how Bosch treats you. - DR

• coastsider
    17 years ago

Door alignment: Thanks, DR. Called for Bosch service today. They will come out next week (only come to my area once a week). I will report back then. I really do love my Bosch washer and dryer.

• coastsider
    17 years ago

Follow up to door alignment problem posted Oct. 14--sorry to take so long to report back. The Bosch repair man came out to determine the problem. He ordered parts, which took some time to get, vs. just tightening something. He returned to repair on Dec. 18. He even replaced the piece where the door hinge goes in, so there is no groove to remind me of the problem. I wasn't home when the repair was made, so I don't know exactly what he replaced. I really do love my Bosch washer and dryer; it's a pleasure doing wash.

Coastsider

• dross
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Glad to hear it. Whatever our complaints about Bosch CR on the phone, they do seem to come through for customers in the field. - DR