SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elke444

They sold me a floor model, and didn't tell me!

elke444
11 years ago

I hope someone can advise me what to do. I just bought a Whirlpool Washer from Lowe's. Model number wtw4850xq1.

$599.00 reg.price. $549.00 (promotion price). And 10% off,for current advertisement special, for ALL washers and dryers. Total with tax: $531.16

I bought it over the phone, after researching Lowe's ads on-line, to see if the one I wanted was, indeed, available.

I asked, and the sales rep ASSURED me, it was brand new, in their warehouse, and the box would be removed before they delivered it, to 'save me from having to get rid of the box'.

When it came, it didn't have an instruction manual with it. The delivery man told me Lowe's could print one out for me.

By this time, the "ALERT" sound came off in my head!

When I called back, to see about getting a manual for it, a person on the floor said "Oh, yeah, that was a floor model." Ka-BOOM!! I was livid!

I have a call into the store manager, and am waiting for a return call, as he checks it all out! I told him I'm aware that they will give me a further discount, BUT, since this washer was ON THE FLOOR, I would rather have a FREE extended warranty.

I've not used it yet (was delivered 2 days ago.) Any suggestions? And, is it ILLEGAL to sell a floor model, and keep that info from the customer?

Many thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments (10)