SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ecf1216_gw

Miele 4842 -- Good idea at $799?

ecf1216
9 years ago

I am in the market for a new washer and dryer and stopped into our local appliance store today.

I am looking for a washer that will get my clothes clean and perform well in a second floor laundry room -- minimal vibration is important.

The salesperson showed me the Miele 4842, which they have available (new, in the box) for $799. She told me it is superior to anything else I could buy, in terms of (gently) getting clothes clean and in build quality and longevity. She also said that it will work well on the second floor because it is heavy (heavier than other brands) and "doesn't move."

I have several questions for you laundry experts:
*i know this washer would have been manufactured years ago; does it matter that it's been sitting in a warehouse?
*Does this model have a good track record? I read a lot of posts here in which people were happy (or not) with the washer when they got it, but am wondering if people are still pleased (or not).
*Will this be a better performer than other brands? I was thinking of an Electrolux Wave- or IQ-Touch when I went into the store.
*Any idea if it will be good in a second-floor laundry room?

In short, I'm wondering if I should consider going with the Miele or with the Electrolux (or something else). Any advice?

Comments (11)