SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

We're planning a wedding!

neetsiepie
11 years ago

My eldest DD has finally set her wedding date & locale! So now we have to start the planning. Biggest issue now is food.

She insists on a vegetarian menu. The logistics to be considered are venue facilities, servers and menu. The venue is at a private lake, there is a covered shelter with power but no kitchen or cooking facilities. The wedding is on a Friday evening, so we'll need to provide dinner

She's fine with buffet, and the whole thing is casual yet elegant. She's considering an Asian fusion theme-lots of influence from Bollywood. First thought was Indian food, but I wonder if that would be too ethnic for most of the guests? I'd like to do something that can be prepared ahead of time, so I'm thinking salads & finger foods, but what type of an entree? Since they want no meet-that rules out BBQ.

Please help with suggestions! I'll estimate between 75-100 people total-of which at least 20% would not be comfortable with an Indian menu. At DD2's wedding, we had Italian fare, primarily meatless but there were meatballs for those who wanted them. It was an indoor, late October semi-formal wedding. This wedding will be an August evening at a park and will include dogs & probably disc golf.

Comments (14)