SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barb5_gw

If you were planning a wedding now.....

barb5
12 years ago

I was interested to read the thread on the weddings, particularly the flowers chosen. If you were going to plan your wedding for this summer, what flowers would you choose, and what colors?

Actually, I'd like to hear about the whole wedding you would plan. I would do mine completely differently today than I did 21 years ago. We were married in a church by a minister, had a reception and sit down dinner (splurged on really good food, which I would do again, but I would have a completely different menu). We did have a flute and harpist play throughout the reception and I might do that again. It was very beautiful.

If I were doing it now and wanted to express the person I am today , I would have it in a beautiful garden in the spring,I would have a civil ceremony, I wouln't have a wedding gown or veil, but would wear something casual but elegant, there wouldn't be any mammals on the menu, and music would be ecletic. and preferably live. Flowers would be spring bouquet: daffs, bleeding heart, iris, peonies, aruncus. Grown locally and without pesticides.

One thing that would stay the same is the groom!!!

As a flower grower, I am particularly interested in the flowers you would choose. Every January I try to guess what brides will want the following summer. This year, few requests for white. Lots of requests for pinks and purples.

Comments (17)