SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
froggedd

co workers wedding plans WDYT?

frogged
9 years ago

So a co worker is getting married, in her mid thirties and it is the first wedding for both, They have been planning to get married for at least a year and the wedding is not until this summer. They went on a cruise last spring when he officially proposed. She has been sharing all the planning with us each day. I am surprised at what she has told us about her plans. She is planning this as a formal wedding,they are inviting around 100-150. People will be expected to RSVP bring money or a gift, and dress up. Im sure there will be bridal showers etc. Originally she was looking at country venues converted barns that would have cost her 2- 5 thousand dollars. But decided to go with a banquet hall for cost,size and better washroom facilities. Chairs, tables, linens are provided. She is planning on spending 1500 to 2 thousand on wedding photos and engagement photos. Decorations country chic burlap runners etc has not been budgeted but has a line on some for 400. But is also meeting with a wedding decorator. Flowers,dress,* (will be new) dj or band no cost as of yet. At one point she wasn't sure about sending invitations or doing evites. Im not sure if they are getting married at the hall or a church neither belong to a church. They are having an evening ceremony 7 ish and are not providing a meal for the invited guest. They are not having a decorated wedding cake, or a cake for the guests. They are planning a midnight snack at first they wanted tacos, then pizza, and now I think they want sliders. She was surprised when her caterer told her she would need to provide more then just the burgers that she would want salads or sides. She is not going with this caterer now thinking she is going to have family prepare food ahead of time and have the same family set it up. They are not giving out favors either. There will be a user pay bar. Im not sure about wine for the tables this has not come up yet. She is dismissive to any suggestion to things like favors or things that are traditionally provided for guests. I feel she should provide better for her guests but what do you think? . Is this the norm now? If you went to this wedding would you be surprised by this?

Comments (39)