SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
monkeymamaof4

What does a foodie do on vacation??

monkeymamaof4
14 years ago

Well after 3200 miles there and back plus the miles driving around Florida we are home at last:) It was tons of fun and coming home to my garden being up was a great surprise. We had 6 inches of rain while we were gone helped, need to replant lettuce, spinach and beets but everything else is up and going. Still waiting on some squash too but hope it comes up. I got to do some shopping while on vacation, even though DH wonders just why I would haul Groceries 1600 miles, I know you all would understand.

I did get to do some shopping at the St. Louis Trader Joes, Pick up some Southern goodies (3 kinds of corn meal, grits:) and louisiana Hot Sauce, Pecans and peaches from Georgia, tomatoes, corn, watermelons, and yellow squash from Florida roadside stand, and a stop at World Market in Kansas City for some extras that I forgot about.

Now to find room in the cupboards for all my purchases. Just wondering if I am the only one who shops grocery stores while on vacation?? I can't wait for tomorrow and the fresh tomatoes and sweet corn, mine are only a foot tall so will be a little while for my crop to come in.

Stacie

gig

Comments (10)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH