SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trancegemini_wa

My Father had a bad fall

trancegemini_wa
12 years ago

hi everyone,

I'm turning to the forums because I just need some help with this. Today I got a phone message that my father had fallen off a ladder while doing some work. At first I was just so angry that he was up on a ladder to begin with, he's 74 and everyone keeps telling him to slow down and not do so much but he's stubborn and won't listen. He was unconscious for about 5 minutes before the ambulance arrived to take him to the small local hospital emergency department. He had xrays and a ct scan and they found some bleeding on his brain.

Later in the day he was transferred to a larger hospital in the city and when I rang to check on him he was still in the emergency department there and the nurse said she could take a phone over to him so we could chat. I was really surprised but thought he must doing really well.

But he was very confused, in fact I don't even think he knew who he was talking to or if he knew he was having a phone conversation. He wasn't making much sense and then just kept saying he felt sick and he was slurring his words. I'm hoping it's just from the concussion but I just don't know what to expect from here. Has anyone been through this anything like this?

Comments (19)