SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mizlizzie_gw

LG steam vs a Speed Queen laundry center

MizLizzie
10 years ago

As I sit here drawing up plans for my laundry reno, my 16-year old no frills Kenmore dryer is beginning to make a strange squeaking sound . . . so, hastening over from the Kitchen Forum, I better get cracking and ask -- what good is a steam washer? Why would you want one? I just toss a damp dishtowel into the dryer if I just need to shake out some wrinkles in a garment. Is that all it does?

My room is small and I see some LGs -- with and without steam -- coming in at a depth of around 30". I can get the Speed Queen ATE50F laundry center at only 24" deep and it seems like a more old-fashioned washer and dryer -- more like what I'm used to and enjoy. I have dreaded the day my antique Kenmores go, and I know nothing about modern front loaders -- except that everyone I know hates theirs and says they break down and don't wash well.

I should add we are just two people who don't get their clothes muddy or oily or even very dirty. Do we need steam and fancy? Or would Speed Queen suit us better? Thanks.

Comments (5)