SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saa203

I'm on my 15th paint sample! Help Me Someone!!!

saa203
16 years ago

My kitchen remodel is well underway. My brazilian cherry floors are a day away from completion. The base cabinets arrive tomorrow (Wednesday) with plans to set them on Thursday. KD wants to make countertop templates on Friday. It would be ideal for me to have a paint color picked and painted on BEFORE the cabinets are set. BUT I CANNOT DECIDE! I just picked up 2 more samples today to make a total of 15!

My perimeter cabinets clear to the ceiling will be cherry with a 1/2 Mahogany stain (reddish like my floors similar in shade depth) Perimeter countertops will be Vangura quartz "Stellar Rose". The island is ivory (painted) with a chocolate glaze. The countertop on the island only will be dark brown (Vangura Quartz in "coffee brown").

From reading many of the treads I have chosen paint samples and I am drawn to SW blonde, SW Ivorie, Duron Tobacco Road, BM Wilmington Tan. I guess I am liking the "gold" family. Is this too dark? Is this 70's gold again? I keep having flashbacks of the gold and avocado green years (my childhood). Makes me want to run the other way!

Any other suggestions? You probably want pictures...I'll try. My DH the computer gu-ru is out of town till tomorrow.

I'd appreciate ANY guidance anyone would like to share.

Comments (16)