SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bindersbee

LG Dryer 'Cooling' icon

bindersbee
17 years ago

I'm just wanting to find out what this icon means. I can't find anything about it in the user manual. This light is on the whole time I'm drying my clothes and I'm wondering if it is supposed to be and, if not, how do I turn it off?

My concern is that it's preventing my dryer from getting as hot as it should. However, since I don't understand the button at all I might just be up in the night (literally). I've got a load drying right now I don't dare go to bed until I check to make sure everything is dry and doesn't require another cycle. I've been playing with the cycle knob all day, I've been without a W/D for a week so lots has built up, and I'm less than impressed with how dry the clothes get. After a cycle, they are still quite damp. They shouldn't be that damp after 45 minutes in the dryer and being as well-wrung out as they were when they went in. Then I stop myself and say "isn't that why I just spent a ton of money on a new dryer- so I can just go to bed and know the clothes will be dry?" I mean, I spent a ton of money on that thing (it was delivered this morning so I'm new with it) you'd think I wouldn't have to babysit it every moment. This is probably a stupid question but I can't find an answer elsewhere. Thanks!

Oh- and I had the dryer duct pipe professionally cleaned BEFORE these were installed as well as a new accordian vent pipe from the back of the dryer to the floor when these were installed.

Comments (17)