SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rolledthatho

another dryer keeps running! i think you can help me

rolledthatho
15 years ago

ok so ive done a LOT of searching because it first i thought it was my timer. now i dont think it is.

symptoms

i NEVER have to use the push-to-start button i either open or close the door to turn it on or off.

the dryer has ONE stopping point and thats the end of the "air fluff" cycle. if i put it on auto dry, it will run through the stop zone into the timed dry, it will then run through the timed dry stop zone into the air fluff and to the end of that where it finally stops (needless to say my electric bill has been INSANE because of this. ive lifted the head unit off and inspected the timer through the little clear window and i can see it spinning not to mention when the knob gets to done with one of the cycles and its in the "finish zone" i can clearly hear the timer still ticking it just keeps ticking until the needle is out of the "stop zone" and into another cycle.

i just put a heating element in this thing a year ago and now the auto dry isnt heating so we dry everything in timed dry (this is a side note, i dont really care as much about this i just want it to stop when it gets to the end of timed dry!

again the only way this dryer stops is if i open the door (leaving the light on all night) or it runs all the way through the air fluff

any help appreciated

Comments (3)