SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
baver_gw

lg dryer dle5977 wrinkle care beeper problem

baver
17 years ago

Anyone else have this problem? If so, do you know how it was corrected. If you don't know and you have this model, could you check to see how yours works? Recently purchaced this model, replacing an old, and much too small, Asko. Overall, good machine. Problem when using the wrinkle care option, which in my opinion, is a pretty important one. When this IS NOT selected and the beeper is set on, when the cycle ends, the beeper dings to let you know it is done. OK, fine. So, I select the wrinkle care option, beeper still on. Normal dry cycle ends, beeper should go off, then machine goes into wrinkle care. My machine, normal cycle ends, no beeper, goes into wrinkle care, I open the dryer door, dryer THEN beeps at me. I called LG, they had a model in their call center in Alabama(impressed), he tried it out and said the beeper should go off when main cycle is done, then go into wrinkle care. Fine. Repair scheduled. Tech comes out, orders part, comes back in a month(part back-ordered), installs, same thing. Says he needs to contact manufacturer. Comes back, says he contacted LG and the way I have it is the way it is supposed to work. I say no way, that is ridiculous. So, I have emailed LG, but wanted to see if any one else has had this issue or could check to see how there's works. I seem to be utterly jinxed when it comes to appliances. Search Electrolux in appliances and see my journey with my three refrigerators! All I really ask for is that my new appliances do what they say they will do. Is this request too large? Please help, or if you know of a way to rid one self of bad spirits.....:)

Comments (5)