SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
autumn_4_gw

Fisher & Paykel? LG? Kenmore???? Pls Help!

autumn.4
11 years ago

We have a 14 year old Maytag Dependable Care pair and they are on their last legs and we do not want to invest anymore into repair at this point. I have been researching washers and dryers and it seems like everything is a mixed bag. HE, FL, TL, which brand? What is the scoop? It seems FL vs. TL proponents are vehemently divided and I'm not sure which way to go. I also am not familiar with HE as I don't recall those being around when we first bought.

I am not concerned about leaving doors open - we have always left our top load open to combat must/mildew so leaving one open for a FL would not bother me.

I don't really need a gagillion cycles - just want a quiet good cleaning machine that is time efficient. I don't need fancy looks either really.

There are a lot of sales right now due to "Black Friday" coming. We are hoping to shop on Wednesday. Our budget is $1500 for a set. There are quite a few options out there in that range. I am thinking we should go HE?

Anyone care to comment? Have a pair that you LOVE? Have a pair that you HATE?

Any experience with a TL Washer & DRYER? I think that was a Fisher & Paykel we saw. Speed Queen - tried and true? LG - negative reviews on service and part availability?

Thanks in advance for sharing.

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!