SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
steelio

Fisher and paykel DD605 cycle lights flashing problem solved

steelio
15 years ago

Ok I am posting this because I could not find a fix for this online. I searched all over including here.

Let me give you all the back story. I bought a used DD605hSS for a few hundred dollars and put it in my house that I am selling. (The high dollar LG was just to plain jane and no one noticed it or thought anything about it.)

Soooo anyway I got it installed and top drawer got an F2 error after it was all setup. I was thinking oh boy I just got yoked. the error code cleared itself! I thought I got lucky. Well then after running a full cycle on both top and bottom I noticed that the bottom didn't go. I thought you couldn't run them both. Gave it another chance. nope the bottom drawer would start then start flashing the cycle that it was on over and over and beeping every 10 mins. or so.

I called F&P and the "6 month old" DD605 that I bought was actually 3.5 years old, and thus out of warranty. The lady at F&P told me it sounded like an electrical problem and to call the service people in my area. That was not a good enough answer for me.

I started to investigate. And the good thing is that there are 2 drawers so I could look @ the top one and see what is different. I notice 2 plastic clip things at the back on the bottom one were in a different position then the top. I also noticed when it started the bottom didn't have a good lock on it. I repositioned the clips and figured out they are there to pull the drawer to the back and then the lock could engage.

POOF! That worked! I am assuming this is why it was for sale at such a lower price too.

It is a nice piece of equipment. Not as quite as our LG. And does not hold big stuff like cooking sheets etc. For our family of 6 it works. For the normal day to day stuff its great. When we have to mix it up is when we get into trouble.

Well thanks for reading my story and I hope this helps just 1 person out there.

Comment