SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeri

Super Easy Baked Ziti

jeri
10 years ago

As some of you know, I volunteer to feed the High School Marching Band during their band season. I don't pay for anything, just plan and prepare the meals. It is off season right now, but that just means I need to try new recipes in preparation for the fall!

I have been working on a Baked Ziti and think I have finally perfected it. My daughter said âÂÂMom - this tastes like the ones you buy at CostCoâ Bingo! LOL - I don't think she meant it as a compliment, but that was exactly the flavor I was going for. :-) This will cost a lot less, and seriously doesn't take much more time than throwing a ready-made one into the oven. BTW - my daughter likes the CostCo Ziti - it's just âÂÂold newsâ so in her mind - nothing to get excited about.

This can be tripled to go into the large foil serving pans, but I really want to try it in the Roaster Oven - I think it will work great which means this can be prepared off-site at competitions.

Baked Ziti with Meatballs
Serves 10-12
ÃÂ
48 ounces of pasta sauce - I used Paul Newman's Sockarooni
16 ounces Low Fat Cottage Cheese
3 cups beef stock
8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (2 cups)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 lb penne pasta - uncooked
1 lb ready-made mini meatballs - I used Trader Joe's party meatballs

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

In a large bowl mix together the pasta sauce, cottage cheese, beef stock, half of the mozzarella (1 c) and half of the Parmesan cheese (1/4 c).

Toss the pasta and meatballs with the sauce and spread into a 13 x 9 inch pan. Cover tightly and bake for 1 hour.

Remove the cover and stir the contents. Sprinkle the remaining Mozzarella & Parmesan cheese on top and return to the oven. Bake an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.

Comments (15)