SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
haley_comet

Do you feel today's laundry technology just won't last?

haley_comet
15 years ago

I am in the market for a TL w/d set. The set I have works perfectly it is just too small for our family of 6.

The more I look into what set I want - the more confused I am. Of any model, a group of users swear by them and another group hates them and regrets thier purchase.

I read so much of repairs - it seems to me that machines have gotten so mechanically complex - way more then what is needed IMO. All these extra gadgets and functions just seem like a recipe for disaster. The old old models - talking about 10-20 years old were so super simple, solid, user friendly and reliable. I just can't see the sets of today having the same lasting power of the older models.

I am wondering if I should just stick with my old mismatched set. I worry if I get updated models I will soon have a visit from my local repairman.

After all that if I do take the plunge and purchase (I must do about 15 or more loads of laundry a week) I need a large capicity no frills, nothing digital etc. A hard working, totally reliable (I like to choose the water level and water temp myself - so no sensors).

Thanks!

Haley

Comments (13)