SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardenerwantabe

Called Harbor Freight Today You won't believe What They Said

gardenerwantabe
18 years ago

I called HF this morning first try I got India again hung up and redialed and got SC. I told them that I needed five connectors part #47 she said no parts were available for that GH. I ask her if they could take the parts out of a greenhouse that they had in stock and then replace them when they got parts. She said no because no parts are available. She suggested that I could buy another complete greenhouse then I would have the missing parts that I needed. I pointed out to her that I had already paid for those parts and didn't want to buy them again. I hung up on her and called back and got another woman who told me they didn't have any parts. I ask her to take the parts from one in their warehouse. She said she would have to make a special order I ask her to do it. She did but said it would probably be 16 weeks before I got my parts.

I went to the salvage place where I got the windows I talked about in earlier post and found some latches for a truck tool box. I bought two of them and with my band saw cut the top off then cut it in half and drilled holes in the top. Now I have brackets that look just like the original ones but mine are much stronger. if I ever get the parts no longer matters since the home made ones are better.

I went to Fastenal and got a bag of 100 6mmx11/2" to use in place of the bolts that they sent me that were too short.

Now I'm looking forward to finding out what the next thing will be wrong or missing. I'm sure I will have many more surprises waiting for me.

Comments (72)