SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scoll

Your experience-tankless plus front loader

S C
14 years ago

I am in the middle of a complete remodel and am installing a whole house tankless water heater that my plumber says has a flow rate of about 9 gallons per minute. The house is two stories and about 2600 square feet. The laundry room and the bedrooms are all downstairs, the kitchen and the living and dining areas upstairs. The tankless water heater will be installed downstairs in a closet in the guest bedroom. We have a tankless now in our current small home (1000 sq feet) but it does not power our laundry, which is located in a separate building and powered by a traditional water heater. I expressed concern to the plumber about the length of time it takes to get hot water in our current setup, and he plans on installing one or more recirculating pumps that have a timer that we can set. I am researching how those work, but I haven't been able to quite understand how they will work with a high efficiency front loader. Since they turn off and on as they fill, I'm concerned that it'll never get enough hot water from the tankless to get hot water to the washing machine. If you have a tankless and a high efficiency front loader I would love to hear of your experiences in getting hot water to the washer. Any plumbing setup that I can do? Any brands/types of front loaders that are better than others?

Comments (6)