SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pattygardencat

Bosch delivery problems?

pattycat
17 years ago

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are anxiously awaiting delivery of a Bosch Nexxt 500 washer. We've been waiting ... and waiting ... and waiting.

Is this happening to anyone else out there?

We ordered the machine on Dec. 29 from Lowe's. The original estimated delivery date was end of January, but that was first moved up to January 20 and then pushed back again to January 30. Now, Lowe's has kept telling us "one more week" for the past three weeks - except yesterday, we were told it will take *at least* two more weeks.

We're having trouble figuring out if Bosch is really that backed up - and if so, why no one could have told us that earlier - or if the problem lies with our local Lowe's. We're located in a small midwestern college town. Since we're not in a major market for Bosch appliances, we suspected our Lowe's might have been waiting to get enough orders to make a delivery worthwhile for both themselves and Bosch.

Besides being excited to get the new machine, we're still struggling along with our old Calypso, hoping that it won't eat or stain too many more clothes before the new machine arrives. (The collected wisdom of this site was invaluable in 1) realizing that I wasn't a crazy or incompetent housewife, but merely experiencing the Calypso's design flaws, and 2) deciding that the Bosch was our best bet when it comes to avoiding becoming laundry victims again.)

At this stage of the game, we've waited so long and are so sure that we want a Bosch that we are loathe to cancel our order. But we're starting to despair of ever receiving it.

Any insights?

Thanks,

PattyCat

Comments (49)