SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msl511

Weird problems with Bosch induction cooktop

msl511
10 years ago

I've just started using my 500. I'm starting to think I may be one of the very few people who regrets this purchase on the grounds that the more complicated a device is the more ways there are for it to have problems.

I was making some pasta last night. I put a covered pot of water on to boil. When it came to a boil, I put took the cover off and rested it on one of the other burners, just because it was a nearby flat place to put it down. The only burner I had on was the one with the pot with the pasta. After a few seconds, the cooktop beeped and showed all E's. I swore and ran for the manual. It said that if you saw all E's, it was because the on/off button was pressed for more than 5 seconds, to clean the buttons, remove any objects from the cooktop and reset it. I really don't think I pressed the on button. Bosch CS was minimal help when I called today, but they seemed to think it possible that the lid on the burner was the problem. Really? Are they seriously telling me that if any burner is on, I can't just rest something on another unused portion of the cooktop? Whose idiot idea was that?

On to today's problem. I made a 6 qt pot of soup this morning. It simmered quietly for 3 hours, then I turned it off. I wanted to move it off the cooktop, but it won't budge. I know I can lift it. I'm the one who put it on there. It's like some kind of seal has been created. I'm really hoping it just releases as it cools. Any thoughts on what's happening here? Would a paper towel under a pot prevent this problem in the future?

Comments (11)